In the book of Psalms, the Lord says, “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).
A BIBLICAL IMPERATIVE
In the early ministry of Jesus, there came a moment when His popularity had soared to such levels that He and His men were constantly followed and surrounded by large crowds including needy people seeking healing and deliverance. Seeing how hectic life had become and how exhausted His disciples were, Jesus said, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest” (Mark 6:31). It was good advice then, and it is good advice today. When the demands of ministry and the stresses of constant attention to the needs of people become overwhelming, weary shepherds need a quiet place—with Jesus—where they can rest, recoup, and recharge. If Jesus Himself slipped away to hidden places to find quiet, rest, and uninterrupted communion with His Father, how much more today’s Christian leaders need to find that occasional time of refuge.
Core Values of Ministry
- We believe in the inspiration and authority of Scripture.
- We are committed to the priority of prayer and seeking God’s will in all that we plan and do.
- We believe the local church is God’s primary agent in fulfilling the great commission and we exist to help her fulfill that mandate.
- We are a grace-driven service ministry that will neither decline or accept ministry invitations based solely on financial compensation.
- We are committed to continually mature in the areas of personal holiness, professional excellence, organizational integrity, financial transparency, and public credibility.
- We want to honor Christ and the pastors in all we do (I Tim. 5:17).
- We believe that not only is the church God’s primary agent in fulfilling His purposes today but it’s leaders are critically important in leading their church.
- We will use money only for the purpose to which it was given.
- We will serve as modeled by Christ (Phil. 2-6-8)